Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Decklist

Decklist 1 month 1 week ago #614

• IDKLOL
  • Multiverse Player: level 2
  • "Text Text"
Hello, thanks for directing me to where to post this!

The basic idea of this deck is to be a shipless expansive deck. It uses some cards to explore spaces (Daran Astronomer and Daran Scout), and others to conquer them (Haver Minister, Galactic Alliance, and Planetary Alliance). Because it has no ships, it is very unit dense and thus plays populate. Obviously, this deck will have problems stopping the opponent from making progress, and for that it has two safeguards.

The first is mass of units. Even if an opponent makes it to my homeland, I should have 4 - 6 units there. This will keep them at bay for many turns, even if my units cannot fight back. In addition, it plays Geocore Diplomant (cannot attack or be attacked). Unless my opponent(s) have some kind of damaging or combat-inducing action, it will be invincible.

The second defense is control actions. It plays pacify, which will be really fun in allowing me to capture enemy ships. In addition, it plays extort and 1 bun supplies, which will help stop my opponent from setting up.

Another discussion point is that this deck uses 3 colors, Blue/Green/Violet. While this may seem as if it will be inconsistent, there are two things which make it reliable. First, it only plays 4 blue cards and 5 violet cards, so they will not come up VERY often. Second, the home planet is Blue/Green, and all other planets are Green/Violet. This way, I can control which planets will be which: my home always has blue (and this deck needs Daran Astronomer), and all other planets of mine which I find will have violet. In addition, this will give me a color advantage over my opponent in the fact that I can take advantage of three colors my opponent'(s') decks may use, but they can only take advantage of two of mine, since my only blue planet is my home.

Here is the list:

Arsenal:

- 4x Grain Farmer
- 4x Daran Scout
- 4x Populate
- 4x Haver Minister
- 3x Galactic Alliance
- 4x Geocor Diplomat
- 4x Planetary Alliance
- 4x Extort
- 4x Pacify
- 4x Daran Astronomer
- 1x Burn Supplies

Galaxy:
- 1x Tropical Planet (Home)
- 9x Swamp Planet
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by IDKLOL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Decklist 1 month 1 week ago #615

I really like your idea! Although, once I thought about it a bit, it seems very hard to be able to win reliably with this deck.
The main flaw is that you have no way of conquering non-planet spaces, which can be a huge problem against a lot of different decks that don't use many planets. It seems like adding a few Solar-sail ships and Double-masted solar-sail ships would make the deck much better, but that defeats the goal of trying to create a deck that can win without using any ships.

I played around in the deckbuilder and ended up building a different version of your deck, which I think is a bit better. First, I got rid of the violet color, it doesn't help your cause too much, and instead added cards like Encefal Sage and Encefal Queen, that can help you reuse some of your planet-conquering actions (Planetary Alliance and Galactic Alliance). Encefal Queeen can be a powerful engine in of itself, and once you get it going it can be a good alternative win-condition. I also added Instant Transportation, which can also work as a Planetary Alliance card, except it can help you conquer non-planets, and even your opponent's home planet if you're lucky!
I also think that River Dams and Grain Farms are good cards to add since you might need the extra resource, especially if you end up conquering planets with colors that don't match yours. The galaxy deck for this version would probably just be 10 Tropical Planets

4x Grain Farmer
3x Daran Scout
3x Populate
4x Haver Minister
4x Galactic Alliance
2x Geocor Diplomat
3x Pacify
4x Planetary Alliance
4x Daran Astronomer
2x Instant Transportation
3x Encefal Queen
4x Encefal Sage

Another version of your deck could use some yellow cards. Purchase Assets, Fair Trade, Government Project, Haver Trader, Creola Merchant are all cards that work well in these unusual combo decks, but it will have to be a 3-color version, because you'll need to keep some of the blue cards to make the strategy work. Yellow will give you access to card draw, which is very valuable in combo decks and expansive decks, so you could try a version with some yellow cards as well.

I'm looking forward to playing against this deck! Will you join this week's playtest session? If not, when else will you be able to play?
Keep it up!

Decklist 1 month 6 days ago #617

• IDKLOL
  • "Text Text"
Thank you for your alterations! Yes, I believe that list is better. I should definitely take all those things into strong consideration.

As to playing, unfortunately I am scheduled on this Sunday (tomorrow) again, and it is very likely that this will be a pattern. However, as it is summer, I am free on pretty much every weekday. So, if you want to to play against this deck then, I can probably be there.

Thanks again! :)

Decklist 1 month 3 days ago #618

Of course, I'm available to play almost every day myself. How about Thursday, June 22nd, then? Is 5pm GMT a good time for you?
Keep it up!

Decklist 1 month 3 days ago #619

• IDKLOL
  • "Text Text"
Ah, unfortunately that is the exact day I am visiting a college I am considering transferring to (this was just decided yesterday). Maybe Friday? If that doesn't work out, I am not visiting colleges for a while after that.

Decklist 1 month 2 days ago #620

Friday doesn't work for me at all =/ I'll be very busy for the entire day, first with an exam and then with a concert in which I'm playing. If you're up for it on Saturday that would be great, otherwise next week on Monday?
Keep it up!

Decklist 3 weeks 5 days ago #621

• IDKLOL
  • "Text Text"
Sorry this took so long. I got distracted and had to work over the weekend. I will let you know if this W, Th, or F will be good soon; I may have an appointment with one of my college's advisers on one of those days.

Decklist 3 weeks 5 days ago #622

Thursday and Friday sound good. What time?
Keep it up!

Decklist 3 weeks 5 days ago #623

• IDKLOL
  • "Text Text"
We could just do the normal 5:00 GMT.

If that doesn't work, I should be available most of each day.

Decklist 3 weeks 4 days ago #624

I just realized I won't be available at 5 pm GMT today, but we could do it tomorrow, Friday, at 5 pm GMT. I'll build a couple interesting decks to test out =)
Keep it up!

Decklist 3 weeks 3 days ago #625

• IDKLOL
  • "Text Text"
Sounds good.

Decklist 3 weeks 3 days ago #626

I'm ready to go!
I created a game, so go ahead and join me on OCTGN :cheer:
I built a few decks to try out, should be fun!
Keep it up!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by Leandro.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds